Works Authored by Georgia Justice Project Staff & Volunteers
- Georgia Justice Project (GJP). (2014). “Georgia Justice Project’s 2015 Reentry Policy Recommendations”
- GJP. (2013). The Red Ink State: Necessary Revisions to Restore the Intent of Georgia’s First Offender Act.
- Dennard, Lane & DiCarlo, Pat. (2009). The Collateral Consequences of Arrest and Conviction in Georgia: Policy & Law in Georgia.”
Employer Best Practices
- National Employment Law Project (NELP) and the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights. (2014). Strategies for Creating Fair Employment Opportunities for People with Criminal Records: Findings from Alameda County Business Leader’s Summit on Reentry.
- Legal Action Center’s (LAC) National H.I.R.E. Network. (2013). Best Practice Standards: The Proper Use of Criminal Records in Hiring.
The Effects of Incarceration
- Prison Policy Initiative. (2013). States of Incarceration: The Global Context.
- NELP. (2011). 65 Million Need Not Apply.
- The Pew Charitable Trust. (2010). Collateral Costs: Incarceration’s Effect on Economic Mobility.
- LAC. (2009). After Prison: Roadblocks to Reentry, A 2009 Update.
Reentry & Recidivism
- Council of State Governments Justice Center (CSG). (2014). Reducing Recidivism: States Deliver Results.
- CSG. (2013). Reentry Matters: Strategies and Successes of Second Chance Grantees Across the United States.
- CSG. (2013). Integrated Reentry and Employment Strategies: Reducing Recidivism and Promoting Job Readiness.
Private Criminal Background Providers
- National Consumer Law Center (NCLC). (2012). Broken Records.
Ban the Box
- (2014). “Ban the Box Fact Sheet.”
- Southern Coalition for Social Justice (SCSJ). (2014). Benefits of Ban the Box.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS). (2014). Recidivism of Prisoners Released in 30 States in 2005: Patterns from 2005 to 2010.
- Office of the Attorney General. (2006). The Attorney General’s Report on Criminal History Background Checks.
- Office of Governor Nathan Deal (2014). “Deal: State Awarded $6.75 Million to Support Re-entry Services.” [Press Release].
- Council on Criminal Justice Reform (CCJR). (2014). Report of the Georgia Council on Criminal Justice Reform.
- Fulton County Smart Justice Advisory Council. (2014). Smart Justice Advisory Council Briefing Book.
- Georgia Department of Corrections (GDOC). (2014) “Offender Fact Sheet.”
- (2014). “Reentry Fact Sheet.”
- (2014). “Risk Reduction Fact Sheet.”