40. My First Offender case was sealed from my GCIC criminal history record, so why is it showing up on my private background reports?

Many employers obtain criminal history records from private companies. If a private company reports your discharged First Offender case, contact the company and ask them not to provide information about the arrest and disposition on your criminal history report. They may refuse because records of the case are still available to the public. If this happens you may want to contact a private attorney.

Posted in: First Offender