Whether you attended or were unable to make it, Second Chance Day on February 5th was just the beginning! You can continue to advocate for second chances throughout the legislative session by urging legislators to support a change in the law that would allow expungement of certain convictions in Georgia.
- Call, email, or visit your legislators at the Capitol. If you want to make the greatest impact, do all 3!
- Look up the names and contact information of your local legislators here.
- Use GJP’s Second Chance Script to call, email, or speak with legislators.
- Focus your communication efforts on the members of the House of Representatives Judiciary Non-Civil Committee and Senate Judiciary Committee
- Attach or leave behind GJP’s Second Chance flyer.
2. Send GJP’s Second Chance postcards to your legislators. Contact Helen Mun for more details (Helen@GJP.org or 404-827-0027 ext. 259).
3. Sign up for action alerts via the GJP newsletter.