Mark your calendars – December 3rd is Giving Tuesday! For this year’s #GAGives campaign, we are raising money in support of our holistic criminal defense services. Click here to view our #GAGives campaign page.
Georgia Justice Project (GJP) has been defending low income people accused of crimes since 1986. Our holistic defense model includes an attorney and social worker assigned to each client. In this way, we can address the person, the legal case and the underlying issues which contributed to the situation – often addiction, poverty, or homelessness. We have seen this model lift people out of negative circumstances and set them on a path for a successful future.
We provide support during incarceration and at the time of release to help with the basics needed for positive transition back to the community such as housing, employment and transportation. We also provide support for our client families by providing school supplies for their children and financial support during the holidays.
How You Can Help
- $1,000 will help offset the costs of just one court case (court fees, expert support, and attorney time)
- $500 will support an individual reentering the community (monthly MARTA card, interview clothing, etc.)
- $250 will help the families of our clients visit their loved ones while incarcerated (gas, food and lodging)
- $100 will provide a new backpack stuffed with school supplies for a child of a GJP client
- $25 will cover the cost of a weekly MARTA pass or gas card for transportation to their job
Help us give the most vulnerable among us a new chapter in their lives – give to GJP this Georgia Gives Day!