Georgia Justice Project (GJP) invites applicants with strong event-planning and database skills to join our Development Team. If you are a detail-oriented, thoughtful and creative person interested in producing memorable events in service of those impacted by the criminal legal system, please read on and consider joining us.
Title: Development Associate
Reports to: Development Director
Details: Full-time, non-exempt, remote / onsite split
Over the course of a year, the Development Associate will have primary responsibility for 3-4 marquee events including the Grass Roots Justice Awards annual gala, client-focused Back to School resource drive, and the end of year Holiday Celebration for GJP client families. In addition to the larger events, the Development Associate will work with community partners on ad hoc events supporting GJP – such as 5ks, benefit concerts, brewery takeovers, etc. GJP usually holds about 5 of these a year though post pandemic we anticipate seeing more localized events.
GJP uses Salesforce to manage our donor data. The Development Associate will have primary responsibility for entering new donor data, updating changes, and running reports. We have recently automated online payments by connecting Classy with Salesforce. To ensure we maintain fiscal integrity and transparency, the Development Associate will coordinate with the Bookkeeper to properly and accurately record and attribute cash, check, online, and in-kind donations. This is a position of trust.
Job Duty Percentages
- 50% Event Planning
- 30% Salesforce Donor Database Activities
- 20% Gift Management & Administrative Support
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- 1-3 years of successful experience in development, event management, and donor databases
- BA or equivalent work experience
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Commitment to working collaboratively with diverse groups of people
- Enthusiasm for working in O4W (Atlanta)
- Experience with GJP client populations and mission preferred.
A candidate will be most successful in this role if he/she/they are:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Proficient to Expert in video conferencing platforms such as Zoom and Teams
- Proficient to Expert in Mailchimp and social media (FB-Meta, Insta, Twitter)
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced setting with shifting priorities and under deadline
- Experienced with Classy or other online payment processors
- Proficient in using Salesforce for donor management (let us know if you have other CRM experience!)
- Experienced in producing online events for small (5) to large (350) groups
- Compensation – $40k range, dependent upon experience
- Health, Dental & Vision – employee premium paid 100% by GJP
- 403(b) Retirement – GJP matches to 3%
- Life Insurance – GJP pays 100% of the premium
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 20 days year, accrues monthly
- Paid Holidays – In addition to PTO, you will be paid for the following GJP observed holidays:
New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Friday following, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
You will have multiple opportunities to engage in programmatic activities at the heart of our mission. We learn from each other. GJP is a non-partisan organization actively working to create better outcomes for all Georgians.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and a 2-page (max) sample event plan in a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of your email should be “Development Associate – last name” (e.g. “Development Associate – Johnson”). Resume review and interviews begin first week of January. Job will remain open until filled. Please no phone calls.
GJP requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid documented religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. This paragraph informs you of the company’s expectations before you begin work at GJP and you should not reveal information about your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to receiving an offer of employment.
GJP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff and welcomes qualified applicants of all races, colors, religions, national origins, sexes, gender identities, sexual orientations, and disability statuses. GJP particularly encourages people who are formerly incarcerated or justice-involved to apply.