Georgia Justice Project assists individuals actively trying to find employment or housing, but having difficulties because of a Georgia criminal history. We can only help with arrests that occurred in Georgia.
FAQs – Can I clean up my Georgia criminal record?
Georgia Justice Project may be able to assist you with:
- Restriction (Expungement)and Sealing
- First Offender issues
- Retroactive First Offender
- Housing Denials based on your record
To apply for services:
- Attend a First Friday informational presentation. More information on First Fridays here (Note: You will receive information about our intake process following this presentation.) We recommend you attending this presentation before applying for our Criminal Records Program. If you are not able to attend a First Friday, we will try to accommodate you.
- We are trying to be understanding that some people can’t make the Friday morning presentation. If you are unable to attend First Friday, apply for our services by contacting our Criminal Records Intake line at 404-827-0027 ext. 238, and a member of our intake staff will send you an intake application and consent forms. If you have an updated copy of your GCIC, please send a copy with your completed application. If you do not have an updated GCIC, our intake staff will request a copy on your behalf.
- Once we receive your completed application and GCIC, you will be scheduled to meet with an attorney:
At the time of your appointment, be prepared to share any of the following that you have:
- Dispositions or other court documents
- Housing or employment denials
- Private background check
If you have to cancel your appointment please let us know at least 24 hours in advance by calling 404-827-0027, ext. 238.