Find below resources and ideas for prospective and current captains. To volunteer as a captain, or with questions or ideas, email:
Jacob Geerlings – Development Manager, 404-827-0027 ext 266
Thank you for volunteering your time to help GJP raise money and meet new legal volunteers.
- Make your own pledge/gift. Mail us a check or donate online. To pledge, contact Jacob.
- Prepare your ask Memo. Prepare an ask document, based on the template here. Tailor it to your firm’s norms and your voice. It’s meant to be a form letter, so you may want to use it as an attachment with a more personal ask in the email body. You could also plan to post it on some bulletin board or group chat channel.
- Download our one-pagers (or save the links to share with your peers).
- Plan your events. Will you host a virtual happy hour with your coworkers? Speak at other teams’ standing meetings? To schedule professionalism CLEs with Doug Ammar, our Executive Director, email Jacob@GJP.org.
- Look for a matching donor. Matching donors encourage people to donate. If you think your firm would be willing to give a matching donation, talk to them early in your planning.
- Stretch your list. Is there a consultant, vendor, or friend outside your firm who would be interested in GJP? Consider adding them to your main email list or sending them a separate email more tailored to their interests.
- SEND! Distribute your memo, make phone calls and emails, post on social media, and leave notes on bulletin boards and in work chat channels.
- Follow up. Many people will love your first communication but will not take action immediately. Remind people of your call to action with your own messaging in various channels: by phone/voice chat, individual emails, or social posts.