Thank you for being with us. Captains are critical to the success of Lawyer to Lawyer because they help us reach many more people than our staff ever could. Lawyer to Lawyer is from November 2019 through the end of February 2020. Please execute your campaign anytime during that period.
Suggested Campaign Steps and Materials
- Make your own pledge/gift. You can mail us a check or donate online and select Lawyer to Lawyer under “Type of Donation.” Thank you so much in advance for your support.
- Prepare your Ask Memo for lawyers (and, we hope, others) at your firm – language for your ask memo is available here. Please tailor it to align with your voice and your firm’s norms. Share GJP’s 2019 Lawyer to Lawyer video with your colleagues.
- If you use hard copy, attach the one pagers. The GJP Overview and our FY2019 Annual Report documents are particularly helpful if you elect to use a hard copy.
- Stretch your list. Is there a consultant helping you grow your practice or another consultant/vendor that is in touch with you? Have you recently helped a friend with his/her non-profit? Consider sending the memo to those people as well with an intro they would find interesting. It’s called Lawyer to Lawyer, but we hope you can use this opportunity to demonstrate to as many as possible that you believe in GJP’s work and deem it worthy of investment.
- Conceive your kick-off and work with GJP staff to schedule it. Would a CLE by Doug be helpful? See a list of Doug’s CLEs approved by the GA State Bar. If you work in tandem with your firm’s United Way effort (GJP can be a write-in designee), please let us help you plan an information session about participating in both Lawyer to Lawyer and United Way.
- Consider a matching gift from the firm or from one lead donor. All of us like to give when our donation is matched.
- Distribute the Ask Memo and develop amplification tactics.
- Follow Up. Generally follow up is the hardest part, but also the most important. Remember that people are swamped but also really want to help. Mention it to people, send personalized emails, and try to stay on it. We will provide you with past donors so that you are hitting the most likely prospects with the greatest precision.
- Stay in touch. Let us know how it’s going so that we can lend you a hand along the way.
Thank you for your support and participation. We value the effort it takes. Always call us with any ideas, questions or concerns:
- Erika Curtis – Communications & Development Associate, (404) 827-0027 ext. 215