GJP appreciates your interest in volunteering with us. We are very grateful to our partner groups, the legal community, and social work interns who fill many of our volunteer needs. We have listed our current volunteer opportunities below.
If you are interested in volunteering, please provide your information in the form below. We will notify you of available opportunities once received. Also, one of the best ways to get to know us is to attend an open house or other event. If you would like to be notified of such events, please check the box on the form and you will be added to our mailing list.
* If you are a lawyer interested in representing pro bono clients, you can find out more about our monthly Criminal Records Clinic at https://www.gjp.org/about/volunteer/volunteer-opportunity-monthly-legal-clinic/.
Thanksgiving – November
- Provide Kroger gift card ($25) for perishables
- Supply needed food items
- Shop for food items
- Pack food boxes
Client Christmas Party – December
- Purchase gifts for children prior to event
- Set-up and serve meal at event
Lobby Day -TBD
- Attend Lobby Day and speak to our legislators regarding criminal record issues
Back to School event – July
- Help with collection of backpacks and school supplies
- Assist at festival event with staffing games or serving lunch
- Obtain dispositions and other court documents from courthouses in Fulton and Dekalb counties
- Requirements include being available 2 days/week for a total of 4-6 hours/week, having your own transportation, and being able to commit to a 4-6 month period
- Contact your legislator and let him/her know you support GJP’s policy work