**If you are an attorney interested in volunteering to represent pro bono clients, click here to find out more about our monthly Criminal Records Clinic.
GJP’s current non-attorney volunteer needs are listed below, along with a link to our volunteer application. Please complete the application if you are interested in volunteering with GJP, and we will notify you of available opportunities once received.
One of the best ways to get to know GJP is to attend an open house or other event. If you would like to be notified of such events, please check the box on the form and you will be added to our mailing list.
Seasonal Volunteer Opportunities
- July – Back to School Festival & Backpack Drive
- Collect and donate new backpacks and school supplies for the children of GJP’s clients
- Assist at festival event with staffing games or serving lunch
- November – Thanksgiving Support for Families
- Provide Wal-Mart or Kroger gift cards ($25 value) for perishables and/or supply non-perishable food items
- December – Client Christmas Party
- Purchase Christmas gifts for children prior to event
- Set-up and serve meal at event
- 2020 Second Chance Day – Feb 11, 2020
- Speak to legislators about expanding Georgia’s expungement law at the Georgia Capitol
- 2020 Justice Day – February 27, 2020
- Speak to legislators about criminal record issues at GJP’s annual advocacy day at the Georgia Capitol
Specialized Project-Based Volunteer Opportunities
- Research/Data Analysis
- Graphic Design/Web Design
- Video Editing